From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 16:44:37 -0700
Donald Satz wrote:

>I'm not quite sure what Bill considers a "continuous" beat, I find Ravel's
>Bolero to have a continuous/consistent drum pattern.

I agree that that would qualify as a continuous beat which I define as bass
drum, snare, hihat, etc.  You know what they call the back beat as in "its
got a backbeat you can't loose it", although the back beat usually refers
to the bass too.  I later thought of the anvil chorus although its on an
anvil not a drum - I suppose that an anvil is a percussion instrument..
But in general you must agree that this is rare in CM.

Bill