From:
"William J. Karzas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 09:11:08 -0700
Jean-Louis wrote:

>Friends, I just bought a great Scheherazade version by C.  Dutoit and S.
>Staryk in solo.  Recording in 1958.  I like it so much that Garneri del
>Jesu "Baltic" I am now surfing the net to find if any recording exist of
>Steven Staryk in pieces such as Tchaikowsky Violin concerto, or Bruch,
>or Mendelssohn, or Brahms or any other you would have listened to and
>recommend.  I am a modest computer guy that don't have the wealth of
>knowledge and reference you have.  If any one in Canada has been to one
>of his concert, I would be delighted to hear a "memory lane" of it.

Something seems wrong here.  In 1957, published 1958, Stephen Staryk was
soloist in Beecham's recording of Scheherazade for EMI.  I do not believe
Dutoit was making recordings back then, nor that Staryk played in his
orchestras.  Check again the recording you just bought.

Regards,
Bill Karzas                     [log in to unmask]