From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:02:09 +1100
Bill Blank on Hummel piano concertos:

>There are not many recordings available, but I got one with Stephen
>Hough and the ECO playing both the Bm and the Am, Ops.  89 and 85.
>I wonder why I have never encountered them before or heard of a live
>performance.

This CD has been one of Chandos's best sellers for some years.  There
are three - possibly more - Chandos CDs of Hummel's works for piano
and orchestra but with Howard Shelley as soloist, including one for the
unusual combination of violin and piano.  I would like to have explored
his piano sonatas further than the one volume Naxos released some time
ago, but that appears to be all we're going to get.

Richard Pennycuick