From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 20:32:56 -0500
Quoting Donald Clarke <[log in to unmask]>:

>I, too, am not very keen on solo organ music, but very fond of a Haydn
>organ concerto with orchestra, a recording that was once available on
>Nonesuch, by Karl Ristenpart; does anyone know if this recording is
>available on CD?

I asked my roommate, who is rather an expert on this sort of thing about
the Haydn/Ristenpart.  Here's what he had to say [square brackets being
my editorials]

   "I don't have the Ristenpart LP and it hasn't made it to CD. The
   organist was Eva Holderlin. I looked on Arkiv,[www.archivmusic.com]
   and I'm sad to say there is not a single recording currently
   available that I can recommend. I have CDs by Ton Koopman (Erato),
   Gabor Lehotka (Hungaroton) and Cladio Brizi (Camerata).  Brizi
   is still available but he plays a claviorgan - I don't recommend
   it. And of course Janos'(Sebestyen) old 1961 recording is available
   on CD in Europe for only a few $, but it's not distributed here."

He can pretty much recite this repertoire from memory, so I trust his
comments.  Hope this helps.

Kevin