From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:41:58 -0400
Ed "Zeke" Zubrow wrote:

>This, more than the interesting music excerpt, prodded my thinking.
>I completely understand how someone could make the statement that
>despite having 60% of a book be over their head, it was a fantastic
>reading experience.  I wonder if the same could/would be said about
>a musical experience.

But OF COURSE!  Especially when I'm learning something new!  But fortunately
there are tools to use to make things more familiar (and understandable).
Listening more to the work in question often does it for me.  Or looking
at a score.  Mostly listening.  Sometimes a piece just creeps up on ya.
Sometimes it's love at first sound.

Mimi