From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:55:15 +0000
Jocelyn Wang replies to Margaret Mikulska:

>>Thank goodness Carter, Boulez, and others do get some recognition as
>>well.
>
>Yeah, we need more cacophony.

Jocelyn's comment is snide and insulting to those who appreciate Carter,
Boulez, and others.  Do I hear a vote for 'variety'?

Does the music of Carter and Boulez do any damage to Jocelyn and others of
similar musical taste? No. There's plenty of music that Don Satz does not
care for; Don simply doesn't listen to it often.  Nobody holds a gun to
my head, forcing me to endure what I don't want.  Lighten up and respect
alternative tastes.  It keeps the blood pressure down.

Don Satz