From:
Rick Mabry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:45:27 -0500
Donald Clarke said:

>Suggest to a shopping mall or a supermarket that they turn the "music"
>off and they'll just look at you like you're crazy.

Correctly so.  You need such "music" to go with the all the bright lights
and visual stimuli, to say nothing of the latest "potpourri" of sprays,
perfumes and other nasal nastiness.

Frankly I'm surprised there are not people from OSHA trying to put a
stop to it.  (I only-half-jokingly told someone working at Bed, Bath and
Beyond that I'd call OSHA on their behalf.  The place simply reeks of
chemicals that pour out of some of their products, which they place on
high shelves near the cash registers, the better to overwhelm you and
poison their staff.  What does it do to someone who breathes that stuff
every day for 8 hours per?)

Rick Mabry
Shreveport, LA