From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:16:53 -0700
"Everybody" said it's obvious that Patrick Summers will succeed Donald
Runnicles in 2009 (or before) as SFO music director.  My comment (in
http://www.sfcv.org/arts_revs/music_news_9_19_06.php) was not to presume
that David Gockley will do the "obvious."

Summers has just signed a contract extension in Houston through 2014.
The obvious is now a bit less so...

In other news, there is an interesting interview today with Martin
Bernheimer (another figure in the music world eschewing the obvious),
at http://blogs.ocregister.com/mangan/archives/2006/09/post_9.html,
including a shocking bit of chronological data.  (And, is the use of
"tart" in the article meant as a noun or adjective?  I ask that because
I care...:)

Janos Gereben/SF
www.sfcv.org