From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 11:54:21 +0100
David Cozy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On another list to which I belong someone claimed (perhaps with tongue in
>cheek?) that when Elisabeth Schwarzkopf was on "Desert Island Discs" she
>chose for the eight discs she could take with her to the island eight of
>her own recordings.
>
>Is this true?

I believe it is - at any rate every article about the programme that I've
ever seen has claimed that it is.  I haven't listened to the programme for
ages (Michael Parkinson put me off and I never restarted) but I also recall
at least one conductor being allowed to choose not recordings, but scores
to take with him.

Virginia Knight
Personal homepage: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~ggvhk/virginia.html