From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 22:16:48 -0400
Satoshi Akima proclaims:

>Today music has become an empty word.

I don't think so.  Most humans listen, enjoy, and love music which
speaks to them, music which does reach their basic essence.  It's just
that different music does this for different people.  Country music speaks
to those who love Country music, Bluegrass speaks to my wife, heavy metal
music speaks to one of my children, and the list goes on unabated.  Today's
music is only empty to those for whom it has nothing to say.  There are
no value judgements here, just subjective preferences.  What's most
significant to me is that there is a wide array of types of music, past
and present, which seems to cover the musical needs of everyone.

Don Satz