From:
Kai Czepiczka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 17:17:01 +0900
Well, thanks for the recommendations!

Another recording I was thinking about is Bolet and Dutoit [Orchestre
symphonique de Montreal] which is available at midprice on Decca [ovation].
But then I read (Grammophone?) that Bolet is extremely slow here.  Hmm, I
don't know what to think about this comment.  Slow is OK for me, but not
too slow.  Anyway that's again a matter of taste.

Any thoughts on this recording?

Mr.Morrison wrote that I should get the new DG recording with Zimerman (&
the Poles) - he thought it's a duty with my name:-].  Well, this one sounds
interesting, but probably quite expensive, too.  And I must disappoint
Mr.Morrison:  I'm not Polish, but German (but how should he know, anyway
he's right that my name is a Polish-Czech mix - to confuse you even more:
I'm living in Korea and my niece is Greek - so I think I have a lot of
choices).

Kai Czepiczka,
Seoul, Korea