From:
Robert Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:52:47 -0400
John Kregarman wrote:

>I noted, with great anticipation that [in the June IRR] there
>was a review of the Gebhardt issue of the Furtwangler La Scala Ring.  The
>review was fine with one exception -- there was no comparison of the sound
>of the Gebhadt with that of other issues of this worthy reading.

This was one of the items that caught my attention immediately, too.
I don't have the issue to hand, but I'm pretty sure there was a brief
comparison of sound quality, to the effect that the Gebhardt release offers
marginally better sound than previous incarnations.  Other Gebhardt issues
I'm looking forward to (I have both their Martha Modl releases) include:

- Peter Anders Dramatic Tenor Arias JGCD 0014
- Lohengrin w. Melchior Rethberg JGCD0006-3
- Tannhauser w. Melchior Flagstad JGCD0007-3
- Walkuere w. Flagstad Gebhardt JGCD0008-3

Unfortunately, the company doesn`t seem to have a website.

Robert Gray
Kinograph, Montreal