From:
Fia Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:43:04 -0500
Arch wrote:

>(Except that modern violins have those little "adjustors" that baroque
>violins did not.  I have seen some kids have four of them, one for each
>string.  I suspect that they only work with steel strings.  Or perhaps
>strings players who use gut string can tune on the fly.)

I am a violin student.  I've been playing for a year and a half.  Those
little "adjustors" are called fine tuners.  They help me out a lot, because
it's extremely difficult for me to tune my strings together using only the
pegs, because of the extreme pressure I need to apply to the sides of the
peg box in order to keep my pegs from slipping.  I can only use the pegs
when I have the scroll pressed against my face.  I hope one day to overcome
this embarassing handicap:)!  I'm enjoying this list.  Hello Jeff
(TEXASJW)!

Fia Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>