From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:49:51 -0400
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There is a set available in Holland (on Philips) of several of Haitink's
>Xmas Day concerts with the Concertgebouw: Mahler 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9.
>The 3 & 9 are among the finest available on record IMHO

Absolutely.  These are all live recordings that show another side of
Haitink's personality (he tends to be rather laced up in the studio).
There is also another 14-CD set of live recordings that includes a live
Bruckner 7th, a DSCH 10 and a lot of other music that he has not recorded in
the studio.

>You can order this over the net (I did) but don't recall the URL just now.
>I can find out if nobody beats me to it.

   http://www.kuijperklassiek.nl/

While you're there, inquire about their upcoming 11-CD set of Van Beinum's
broadcast recordings.

Ramon Khalona