From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:41:29 -0400
Heinz Kern wrote:

>Having read so many postings about the "Ring disc", I've been trying to
>find one for the last three months - without success!  Does anybody on
>this list know a reliable address where it can be ordered or purchased?

They're out of business.  One of the people responsible for its production
and release promised at a Wagner Society meeting in DC that he would
furnish one to people requesting one from him personally but I no longer
have his name or (e-mail) address handy, although given a few hours, I
might be able to track it down.

You might instead try the Wagner Web site:

   http://www.wagner-dc.org/

(Click on the "Webmaster" link at the bottom of the page.)

You might also (or in the alternative) be interested in a much cheaper
(US$8.50) CD-ROM containing *all* of W's operas, sans piano score or
Leitmotif indices, but w/ synopses and (at least some) libretti at

   http://mrichter.simplenet.com/ae/ae.htm

and click on the link "The Operas of Richard Wagner".

Walter Meyer