From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:27:44 -0500
Alex Renwick writes:

>We complain about the high prices of CD's on this list.  All I can do is
>to paraphrase a medical nostrum: "consumers heal they souls".

ANOTHER NOSTRUM:  "retailers, stop price fixing".  A story which has not
been well reported involves findings of price fixing among large retailers
and cd companies.  I heard the story on NPR and I do not want to say too
much about it because I might get details wrong.  I do know that the
attorney general of New York was moving to capture a share of the ill
gotten gains and figure out what to do with it.  SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS!!!

Professor Bernard Chasan
Physics Department, Boston University

 [This and other posts in this topic have been swerving into
 non-classical-music territory.  Please make sure your posts
 are about classical music, not just CDs in general.  -Dave]