From:
Sami Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:05:33 -0400
Deryk Barker writes:

>The Eroica Trio seems to me a good example.  Undoubtedly very cute - and
>on the CD I have (their debut I think) we get photos of them in 3 changes
>of clothes.  But I cannot believe there aren't a number of more talented
>but less photogenic trios out there.

I wondered whether anyone was going to mention the Eroica Trio.  They
have appeared here several times and the hall is always filled because the
picture that runs in the local paper advertising the program is of the 3
women scantily dressed.  In performance they wear strapless dresses but in
good taste and their playing has been outstanding so that most I've spoken
with feel they are getting more than their money's worth...great music and
nice women to look at.  I was about to say that noone would miss hearing an
outstanding musical group no matter what the artists looked like, but the
full hall for the Eroica says that is not so.

On the subject of Lara St. John, her brother Scott is an excellent violinst
who is building quite a reputation in Canada.

Sami