From:
Peter Harzem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:48:32 -0600
Thomas Wulf wrote:

>So: I do think that both dangers, loss of 3d-hearing due to headphones
>and of high- and low-end frequencies due to compressed formats are
>indeed ridiculous.  BUT: headphones have a strong tendency to make
>one 'pump up' the volume and there is indeed a very real danger.

>:):):)  peace, Thomas    mailto:[log in to unmask]

First, I apologize for mistaking your signature.  I think you will
agree that going into further details of human anatomy and physiology
would be excessive for this list.  In summary all I wanted was to alert
any musician who excessively uses headphones to the risk of doing so.
Thought of a musician and/or music lover losing hearing, even if partially,
is quite painful.  So, I guess we have to agree on some details but I
am sure we both wish the same thing.

Warm greetings,
Peter Harzem