From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:13:16 -0700
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Going strictly by recordings, Falletta is inconsistent in this regard.
>Always good, sometimes great, but not always.

I can second Roger's judgment from "the other end," my own, exclusively
live experience.  Saw her conduct many times, not familiar with her
recording.  Some excellent results ("great" may be excessive), never
below a high baseline, utterly charming with musicians and audiences:
http://www.sfcv.org/arts_revs/music_news_7_26_05.php.

Falletta certainly deserves a medium-size orchestra of her own, something
bigger - and more busy - than the Honolulu orchestra, which she is certain
to lead.  (Not that there is anything wrong with Honolulu, my former
"home base"...:)

Janos Gereben/SF
www.sfcv.org