From:
James Hunsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:40:44 -0800
Michel Salle writes:

>Why not simply use  Access of Windows Office ?  You can organize your
>database in any way you wish!

I vigorously promoted on this List the use of Access when the first
version appeared and had entered data for many months on a huge catalog
of historical piano recordings, so that they could be searched and used
for teaching and research purposes.  It was fine until later versions
of Access came out that would not recognize the earlier version's files.
And then later Windows versions would not let me use the original Access
software.  Who knows when this will happen again?  A huge investment of
time and useless files to which I cannot add.  So much for Microsoft.

Jim Hunsley