From:
Paulo Braga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:41:15 -0200
I was hearing Tchaikovsky's 4th from the old DG box that contains also
the 5th and the 6th and wondered what could be the reason why the Originals
edition replaced that performance with Sanderling's.

I did not hear this newer one but albeit Sanderling's work is characterized
by high standards, is it that much better than Mravinsky's?  It should
be pretty awesome to justify breaking the uniformity of a Mravinsky-only
release that I regard as a firm standard in this often maligned repertoire.

Or is there another reason?

Paulo Braga
Rio de Janeiro