From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:29:30 +1100
Bernard Chasan:

>The title of the movie, either in England or the USA, was "Suicide
>Squadron", I seem to recall.  Can anybody confirm or debunk that claim?

English title, "Dangerous Moonlight", American title, "Suicide Squadron".

IMDB's plot summary:

   Prologue: in 1940, a shellshocked man fights to recall his past.
   Flashback: During the Nazi invasion of Poland, American reporter
   Carole Peters meets Polish airman Stefan Radetzky, also a piano
   virtuoso.  Stefan is among the last to escape Warsaw; months later,
   in New York, he and Carole meet again, and marry.  But the thought
   of his going back to fight is not only personally terrifying to Carole,
   but seems a great waste of his musical talent...

Richard Pennycuick