From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 23:39:14 +0200
Tony Duggan on what one might belive is an april foolsday joke:

>This Thursday sees the first performance of "Pluto" by Colin Matthews
>- his "completion" of Holst's Planets Suite.

Not that I feel that the Planets are incomplete as they are but just adding
Pluto is stil atleast one short: As Holst left out the dearest one of the
lot; Tellus, mother earth - and what about the Sun, she the giver of life.
 [The sun is a star, not a planet.  -Dave]

My belif is, if Mr Mattews has an urge to write musical planets, do he so
by writing his own cycle!

Nay, do not disturb Holst holistic space symphony.

peter lundin, musicologist, writer, human being @ gothenburg.se
Sjostakovitj Centralen
http://hem.fyristorg.com/DDS/