From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 16:02:00 PDT
John White wrote:

>You'll find all of the Spohr violin concertos on the CPO label...

Yes, and CPO recently reissued them all in one box at reduced price.  Marco
Polo released two or three recordings but never finished the cycle.  They
are good concertos, and I'd like to see what an outstanding orchestra and
conductor would do with them.

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the Nielsen Opus 33.  It's great
music of a late romantic nature; Lin/Salonen has long been my favorite
version.

Don Satz