From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:24:41 -0500
I have but have not heard the sym 1/piano concerto CD.  I will hear it
soon.  Anyone interested in Draeseke's music could do worse than to look
for Alan Krueck's doctoral dissertation published as "The Symphonies of
Felix Draeseke" some decades back- a number of libraries have it, I think,
and it's a good and informative read.  Don't forget there's a Draeseke
Society with a branch in the US (headed by Prof.  Krueck) - it produces
its own recordings (three so far, now available by Records International;
I have heard them all and recommend them, especially but .not.  only the
one of his two viola alta sonatas, in c and in F, on which I think (?) I
have spoken at greater length earlier... .lovely. pieces both with very
memorable themes among their more noticeable qualities.  I also have a
midi of each of the movements of his 3rd string quartet at my site
http://www.lightlink.com/schissel/midis.html (prs.net/midi.html has it too)
and while they're not only midis, but early midis of mine and somewhat
underdelineated, it's a wonderful piece that I recommend having a listen
to.

-Eric Schissel