From:
Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:09:51 -0400
Bob Kasenchak wrote:

>Anyway, the other interesting thing was about Helfgott.  The critics on the
>show seemed to put him in the same category as the Boccelli's of the world.
>Now I admit I missed "Shine" and tried to avoid the hype, but I had always
>thought the guy was bona fide, so to speak.  Is it popular consensus that
>he's really second-rate?

Second Rate? Are you kidding.  Superlatives do not do justice to hi
playing, to his entranced rhapsodic state when reaching for the keys,
whole poems could be written describing his passage work.

He's awful.

Stirling S Newberry