From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:46:00 -0700
On my way to the Oregon Bach Festival, I have just learned that Helmuth
Rilling's Dvorak Stabat Mater will feature -- in addition to Marietta
Simpson and Peter Mikulas, both of whom I know well -- soprano Camilla
Nylund and tenor Idwer Alvarez:  two names that I have not even seen
before.  Who them?

In addition to the Dvorak (which Rilling has a great recording, with James
Taylor and Thomas Quasthoff), the Durufle Requiem, and Mahler's Second
Symphony are also on tap -- and it's Rilling's Mahler that made me squeeze
in a trip when there is really no time for it at all.

Soloists in the `Resurrection' are Nylund and most likely not the scheduled
Iris Vermillion who pulled out of the Dvorak.

Janos Gereben/SF
[log in to unmask] or