From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 07:46:08 +1000
Vilaas Shetty asked for recommendations for:

>Bartok no. 2 in particular

Isaac Stern on Sony SMK 64502.

>Khatchaturian in d minor

David Oistrakh has recorded this at least twice but I'm not sure if
either is currently available.  Lydia Mordkovitch is not on everyone's
list of violinists they like, but she is on mine.  I like her version of
the Khachaturian on Chandos CHAN 8918 which is coupled with the Kabalevsky
concerto.

>Wieniawski no. 1 in f# minor, no. 2 in d minor

Marat Bisengaliev does these with the Faust Fantasy on Naxos 8.553517.

Richard Pennycuick