From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 20:53:14 GMT
John Dalmas provided the following:

>I agree to the extent that the site is a good first reference, but list
>members should be aware the site should not be regarded as definitive.
>For example, for "The Shining" it omits entirely Wendy Carlos and Rachel
>Elkind and their adaptation of the Berlioz.

I think the reason http://home.pacific.net.sg/~bchee/movies.html does
not include Wendy Carlos and Rachel Elkind on the list is that their
contributions were composed specifically for the movie, while the Bartok,
Ligeti and Penderecki pieces were not.

I managed to find the following web site that lists all of the music from
the movie and also indicates where the music is played:

   http://www.crash.simplenet.com/shining/music.html

All the best,

Ron Chaplin
Iselin, NJ, USA