From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:51:29 +0100
Wes Crone:

>I wholeheartedly agree with Don on this one.  I would love to hear a Bach
>Opera!!!!  Imagine the duets and choruses all done by the master.  Sheesh!!
>I would also have loved to hear a Bach symphony had the time been right for
>Bach to be alive during the time of the Romantic period with the newfound
>freedom of form and harmony.  Bach's complete musical mastery would have
>most certainly turned out some awe-inspiring work!  If only.........

If only he had been a bit more adventorous!  Yes, what stopped him, one
of the greatest composer of all time?!  Bach and especially Mozart just
refined the musical languages they developed in early years.  I think
that's a limitation, and if they were lesser known composers people might
have called it musical mannerism instead of refinement.

Mikael