From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:04:59 GMT
Andreas von Doebeln <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Halasz is a good conductor indeed [especially in Mahler], but the Failoni
>Orchestra is not the worlds best. They made some disastrous Dittersdorf
>for NAXOS.

I rather thought their Dittersdorf was pretty good.  Visitors have even
inquired about them favorably.  Since I had only one other CD to compare
it with, I may be missing something I don't know.  But what I do know, at
least presently, is that I enjoy the Naxos' Dittersdorf.  So did several
professional reviewers, if my memory serves me.

[log in to unmask] (D. Stephen Heersink)