From:
Lavrenti Vachnadze II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:39:19 -0400
I am not really sure that it is the genre film music that is intrinsically
inferior or totally different from the aesthetics of the old "concert
music."

What repels me about Williams or ALW is that they allow themselves to
sink into repetitive patterns.  The cliche got recycled and became cheap
shrills.  Full of sonic decorations at rough strokes, but no nuances or
substance.  You pretty much can guess what will come up when the door of
the spaceship opens.

Film music can have its own autonomy, can be an integral part of/organic
part of a film or can have endless innovations.

I guess most people here are basing their statements on the Hollywood
Studio system, where either the producer or the director becomes the
dictator.  Composers only offer their service but not their intelligence.

Vachnadze