From:
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:18:58 +0000
Jocelyn Wang:

>The repeat sign is not among the ambiguities of the score that requires
>interpretation.  It is there for all to see.  One either respects the
>composer's wishes by following it, or disrespects them by not.

Are there any signs in the score that are not there for all to see? So
what exactly is the point here? I won't take up time by arguing the rest of
Jocelyn's position out again, as we surely all know where we stand by now
and it would be a splendid example of unnecessary repetition of familiar
material.

Ian Crisp