From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 02:04:01 +0200
I'll be posting a daily (unless I don't get around to it) feature of 2 or
3 recommended performances that I've found at mp3.com.  Yes, there will be
the occasional Serafino feature but that isn't really the point.  There's
just so much good music there, but it is hard to find sometimes.  I spend
a lot of time every day at mp3.com and am pleased to be able to forward
some of the discoveries I've made to this list, and I hope they're
enjoyable.

The links will take you directly to a page for the movement or piece, not
to the artist's full page, which can take forever to load.  If you want to
listen further to an artist just click on the "Music" link on the nav bar.

Today's picks:

Giaches de Wert: Un jour je m'en allais Capella Monacensis (Germany)
A French chanson composed by Giaches de Wert (1535-1596)

   http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/217/217045.html

JS Bach: Gamba sonata in G BWV 1027,1 Jens Norbaek - viola da gamba live
recording with Cassandra Luckhard, viol & Lars Colding Wolf, harpsichord.
Hjorring Church, Sweden july 31, 2000

   http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/830/830195.html

JS Bach Violin concerto in a minor (3rd mvmt) Jennifer Peck, violin,
Balearic Symphony (Mallorca, Spain) Live recording at the Almudaina
Palace, June 1999

   http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/806/806004.html

David Runnion
http://mp3.com/serafinotrio