From:
Wes Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:44:15 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Recently I met someone who absolutely adores Leif Ove Andsnes.  At the
>time I had never heard of him.  Can anyone tell me anything about him?

I have his recent recording of Haydn Piano Sonatas.  I have numerous
other recordings of the sonatas by other artists which I also like, but I
will say Mr. Andsnes plays Haydn with both bounce and passion, and that's
no mean trick.  By the way, C.P.E. Bach was one of the first after the
baroque to advance the idea of sentiment into keyboard playing, and Haydn
credited him as his chief inspiration.

Wes Thompson