From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 19:45:43 +0200
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]> specualtes with Donsatz:

>>When I listen to a recording of hers (Annie Sophie Mutter), and I'm
>>looking at a photograph of her as well, I don't even hear the music.
>>It must be love.
>
>Chacun a son gout. That one is too stern and pinched for me (her looks, not
>her playing). Now Michaela Paetsch Neftel, whom I heard and met in Bern last
>summer . . . (sigh).

And Dave Lampson comments:

>[I think you both desparately need a life.  -Dave]

LOL!  Daves comment is fun, but I still wanted to jump on this train.
I think it is common that CM listeners has secret loves among the great
artists.  I'll sing to:  I love Birgit Nilsson immensely, she recorded a
lot, but still I always want more, and she is beutiful too.  I have however
Heard an also dramatic soprano, who knocked my socks off with the timbre
of her voice when singing Brunhilda; Almost same as Nilsson!  Maria Russos
voice sounds similar to Nilssons, but is not as strong, but maybe it can
be.  And she is beautiful too.  I found some starpage devoted to her:

   http://www.operastars.com/brunnhilde.htm

Mats Norrman