From:
Tim Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:10:32 -0400
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>...  If you haven't anything off the top of your head, is there a
>reference work I can send this person to?

I can provide a reference:

Chamber Music: An International Guide to Works and Their Instrumentation
Victor Rangel-Ribeiro and Robert Markel
Published 1993, Facts on File
ISBN 0-8160-2296-8

This volume is out of print - I found mine in the bargain section of Barnes
and Noble.  However, used copies seem to be readily available:  a search at
www.bookfinder.com provides a list of them.

One would have to go through the entire volume to complete a search for
the instrumentation which you are asking about.  I browsed the final pages,
focusing on works that include percussion or flute, to come up with the
following matches.  Note that the instrumentation is presented as a table,
where the various instruments are in columns and compositions are rows.
There is a single column marked "Flute/Picollo" for compositions from
Beethoven and later, so I could not distinguish between those instruments.

ARMIN SCHIBLER Epitaph, Furioso, and Epilog for Violin, Viola, Cello, and
  Flute/Piccollo (publisher Edition Kunzelmann, Lottstetten/Waldshut)

GUNTHER SCHULLER Aphorisms for Violin, Viola, Cello, and Flute/Piccollo
  (14 minutes, publisher Associated Music Publishers)

EZRA SIMS Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello, and Flute/Piccollo (13
  minutes, publisher American Composers Alliance)

DMITRI SMIRNOV The Sorrow of Past Days (vocal cycle) for Violin, Cello,
  Flute/Picollo, Percussion, and Voice (publisher VAAP)

SIEGFRIED THIELE Praeludia et cantus for Violin, Viola, Cello, and
  Flute/Picollo (publisher Deutscher Verlag fur Musik)

WLADIMIR VOGEL Concertino for two Violins, Viola, Cello, and Flute/
  Piccollo (publisher Edition Kunzelmann, Lottstetten/Waldshut)

CHRISTIAN WOLFF Digger Song for Violin, Viola, Cello, and Percussion
  (publisher C. F. Peters)

RUSSELL WOOLLEN Quartet for Violin, Viola, Cello, Flute/Picollo (23
  minutes, publisher American Composers Alliance)

  Suite for Violin, Viola, Cello, Flute/Picollo (18 minutes, publisher
  American Composers Alliance)

ISANG YUN Quintet No 1 for two Violins, Viola, Cello, and Flute/Piccollo
  (24 minutes, publisher Bote & Bock Musikverlag)

HANS ZENDER Lo-Shu I for Cello, Flute/Picollo, and Percussion
            Quartett for Cello, Piano, Flute/Picollo, Percussion
  (publisher Bote & Bock Musikverlag)

Tim Dickinson
http://www.tdware.com/