From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:16:13 -0700
Sandy Choi <[log in to unmask]> writes, referring correspondents to:

>hi all, if you're looking for cd's on the cheap try www.zipidee.com - i
>write reviews for this company, and although the search interface is not
>so good, everything is 40 % (some promo deal) off, including brand new
>releases....

Thus far, these rates at Zipidee are by far the least expensive I've seen
on the Internet -- or anywhere, for that matter.  For example, Naxos CDs
are $3.60, Chandos and Hyperion $10.23, etc.  The selection, however, is
scanty, and the Advanced Search mechanism is a complete waste of time.  To
do a search, type in composer's name, surname first, in the regular search
mechanism.  One will still get dozens of extraneous "hits," but far less so
than using the Advance Search, which seems to pull up everything under the
sun, except what one is looking for.

In summary:

   Price       10
   Search       2
   Taxes        2
   Shipping     2
   Selection    4
   Ease of Use  3

where 10 is the highest/best and 1 is the lowest/worst.

I placed an order, and the outcome of this order will determine where I
will buy in the future.  But given that Zipidee's prices are SIGNIFICANTLY
lower than the competition, I expect to return again and again.

D. Stephen Heersink
San Francisco