From:
Sandra Beane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 21:09:17 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>The cellist began with a broken hair dangling off his bow.  When he broke
>the string and had to go off to change it, he came back with the broken
>hair still there - strange that he didn't find a moment to tweak it off.
>At the end of the first movement there must have been twenty or thirty
>broken hairs dangling off each end of the bow - more than I think I've
>ever seen. ...

In my opinion....I think that it has been awhile since he rehaired his bow.
There is no excuse for it to have 30 hairs hanging off of it.  I understand
the whole not wanting to rip it off though.  Ripping it off can cause more
hairs to come out.  But I highly doubt that the new string had anything to
do with the hair falling off.

Sandra Beane