From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 19:03:50 +0100
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>After buying, I started playing it in my car and, before long, realized
>that it has only 6 tracks.  Anyways, I feel that only having 6 access
>points for the Goldbergs is a very inconsiderate way to treat the buying
>public.

Si el hombre Satz, as I would have said if I were spaniard; the Solti Ring
on Decca is also cut in very thick pieces, the last disc of Die Walkuere
has 8 tracks I think for 60 minutes of music.  That compares with the last
disc of Furtwaenglers 53 on EMI which has 24 track, much more pleasant when
to scroll up ones favourites.  To say it short: I agree it is unpleasant
with too few tracks.  But once it happened to me there were too many
tracks, i.e.  in Monteverdis "l'Orfeo" on NAXOS, which has about 60 tracks
on each CD (a double decker).  Weird, but it doesn't do much as long as it
can be played in a stream.

My theory is that someone stole the tracks from your Goldberg CD and put
them on mine Monteverdi. Elementary my dear Watson!

Mats Norrman