From:
John Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:38:14 +0000
I wasn't going to bother responding to this thread because if there is
some great music I don't like, I figure it's my flaw, not the music's.
And furthermore, I don't think there is any such music that I actively
dislike, rather there are a number of works that I don't go out of my
way to listen to, that sit generally ignored in my CD collection.  Among
these are La Mer and the orchestral works of Debussy in general, most
of Liszt, Mendelssohn, and Haydn, the chamber music of Schumann and the
concerti of Corelli.  I do not doubt the worth of this music, and I will
play it occasionally to see if perhaps this time I will find something
more to appreciate that I have missed in the past.  It could happen.

I happen to love Bruckner, who seems to be one of the least favorite
composers here, even though I admit to having trouble telling one symphony
from another.  I guess, no matter how many times Bruckner repeats himself,
I just like the way he does it.

Regards,

John