From:
John Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:30:09 +0000
Robert Stumpf, II wrote:

>Every now and then I hear some music on the radio, whilst tooling around
>town, that I know, but don't know who is playing it.  On the other hand,
>I just HAVE to know what recording it is becuase I HAVE to have it.  ...
>Any similars to share?

One night I was coming home from an out-of-town trip and it was pretty
late at night and I heard an orchestral work that I had concluded was a
Shostakovich piece, but I simply couldn't figure out which.  Though it
had been a long drive, I drove around the block several times when I got
to my neighborhood in hopes of reaching its conclusion.  Turns out it
was the 4th symphony, a work that I had probably only listened to once
before that night and that I had not warmed to the first time.  But this
time I was quite taken with it and have enjoyed it a number of times
since then.

Regards,
John