From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:11:57 +1100
I heard on the radio Ewazen's Violin Concerto, a most beautiful work
apparently influenced by Vaughan Williams' Tallis Fantasia and Dives and
Lazarus.  I tracked down the contents of the rest of the Albany CD, and
there was information about Ewazen's career at his website.  There are
a number of CDs of his music available but I hadn't heard of him before
and Classical Net's search engine hadn't either.  I'm interested to know
if the violin concerto is typical of his style or, if not, which other
composers he might be compared to.

Richard Pennycuick