From:
David Whitbeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:25:07 -0500
Hi, my name is David Whitbeck.  I just joined this list.  I tried out
another classical music list before (the Mahler list) because I listen
to Mahler more than any other composer.  I decided that I wish to seek
out a broader discussion of music.  I found a newsgroup that looked
quite good.  But I don't like feeling so exposed to the merciless
spam-bots.  So now I'm here.

Now for my question: On these two recordings that I have (Beethoven
Piano Concertos Nos 3,5 Royal Edition Sony Classical Bernstein New York
Philharmonic, Mozart Piano Concertos Nos 21,27 DG Abbado London Symphony
Orchestra) with Serkin on the piano on both recordings; I occasionally
here this odd sound.  Have you ever heard the weird moaning sound of
wind when you're inside close to a window?  Well I hear something like
it on these recordings: a moaning wind sound. Can anybody tell me what
that sound is?

David Whitbeck