From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:22:16 -0700
Don Satz asks:

>I have no ARTS recordings.  Any good releases in their catalog?

I think so...I think I have a few from back when they were with Albany.

The Richard Strauss Complete Chamber Music series is cool, excepting the
spoken-melodrama-creepiness that we discussed a bit ago.  IIRC the
Mrongovius-Piano Duo figures prominently in that set.

I also have the Peter Maag/Orchestra de Padove e Veneto complete Beethoven
Symphonies on Arts, they are OK, I like his 3 at least.  Don't remember too
well, have to go back [got stuck on Mravinsky a bit ago, still getting over
his 7th].  Anyone else heard them? I'd be interested to hear others'
opinions on his LvB.

Bob K.