From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:22:31 -0500
Steve Schwartz, talking about possible replacements for Boston's departing
Ozawa:

>There *is* another conductor I think much better (also a fellow alum) than
>his present gigs would indicate - James Paul.  I'm a sucker for a singing
>line, and he's got it in spades.

I would support this nomination for musical reasons.  Unfortunately James
Paul doesn't have the glamour that some of the big boys have, boys like
Ozawa.

He was assistant conductor for our Kansas City orchestra many years ago
and his concerts were consistently among the best we had.  And his 'Dream
of Gerontius' with the Milwaukee Symphony was worth a special trip.

Scott Morrison