From:
"Yoel L. Arbeitman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:55:05 -0400
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>And when the last survivor has died, I'd be willing to bet another
>excuse, in the name of something good, true, and beautiful, will be
>found for keeping Wagner's music out of Israeli public venues.

I really don't think that the greatest problem in life for such places
as Israel or India of Chechnya or Tibet, etc.  is whether the public can
hear the music of Richard Wagner in the concert hall.  I personally can
listen to Wagner and enjoy him and forget the man.  And the fact that I
don't listen to Hitler's favorite composer, Lehar, is only bc.  I don't
respond to Lehar.  I cannot agree with you that public presentation of
Wagner's music is either (1) that important or (2) a prime need of the
ruling Zionist circles to find excuses in perpetuity to forbid.  I am
quite sure that Wagner will be played in Israel one day and it is not
a problem that I can place in primacy on any agenda.

Yoel