From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:33:34 -0300
Bob Kasenchak wrote:

>Listening to NPR this morning heard part of a segment on the "modern
>virtuoso".  They gushed all over Anne-Sophie Mutter of course (who
>wouldn't) and then I almost died when they played her Sarasate
>"Ziegunerweisen".  Sounds like she has 4 bloody hands!  How do you play
>doublestops and pizzicato at the same time? Man.  Man!  Wow.  I don't see
>a listing of her playing this piece in Schwann.  Anyone know the recording?

As far as I know, Anne-Sophie Mutter recorded Sarasate's "Zigeunerweisen"
twice.  The first one with Osawa conducting the Orchestre National de
France (EMI, probably NLA).  The second one with Levine conducting the VPO
(DG).  By the way, which is the best recording of "Zigeunerweisen" (a
wonderful masterpiece, IMHO) available?

Wilson Pereira.