From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:18:17 -0500
Santu De Silva wrote:

>Wow.  I was just about to write something nice about Gian Carlo Menotti's
>"Amahl"!  I guess this is not the time, eh?

Actually, today's TV really makes one nostalgic about the days when the
networks had the time even to run something as decent as "Amahl."

But isn't this a rather strange collection: Corigliano and Bolcom (quite
a good composer, much too little known), together with Menotti? What is the
connection? Two out of 3 have Italian names; maybe Bolcom's was originally
Bolcomo, or something.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]