From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:24:00 -0500
Iskender wrote:

>Is it true that Menotti passed away 2 days ago?

Yes. Not sure of the day, but his obituary was in today's paper.

>Would this be a good time to start a thread on him?  Which of his works
>are a good introduction to his work?

Mine was The Death of the Bishop of Brindisi.  I also like Saints of
Bleecker Street and Goya.  Try Amahl around Christmas time.  Avoid Maria
Golovin.  And do get the Chandos disc with the Violin Concerto and some
choral works.  That's a start.

Roger Hecht